Graduates from one of PEI’s practical nursing diploma programs may be eligible for registration as a licensed practical nurse in PEI if they meet the following requirements.
The applicant must:
- Successfully complete an approved practical nursing education program in Prince Edward Island.
- Pass the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination (CPNRE).
- Submit an up-to-date Criminal Record Check and vulnerable sector check
- Provide proof of identity and legal name.
- Complete the required application documentation.
- Pay the required fees.
*The Prince Edward Island Licensed Practical Nurse Registration Board requires that all applicants confirm English language proficiency. If your first language is not English, you are required to successfully demonstrate English language proficiency.
The applicant must not:
- Suffer from a physical or mental condition, disorder or addiction to alcohol or drugs, or
- Possess a record of conviction under the Criminal Code (Canada), the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (Canada), the Food and Drugs Act (Canada) or any criminal or penal statute of a jurisdiction outside of Canada, that makes it desirable in the public interest that the applicant not practise practical nursing.
Please contact the PEILPNRB for further information.